Young car enthusiasts often face fear of driving a car. In this article, we will discuss how to deal with this problem.
The intense rhythm of life sooner or later pushes us to purchase a car. For a modern person, a car is primarily a working tool and only then a luxury item.
Reasons for fear of driving a car and ways to overcome them
Due to some circumstances, not everyone manages to master their fears and easily start driving a car. A typical short-distance trip turns into real torture. Own fears exacerbate frequent road accidents and incorrect behavior of other drivers. You can follow the rules and be confident in your own abilities, but it is impossible to anticipate violations from the outside. Focus and attention on the road are sometimes very exhausting. And thereby discourage the desire in the near future to drive.
Each driver at the initial stage of driving experiences a certain discomfort of a psychological nature. Driving lessons are only worthwhile in practice. Fear of driving a car tends to fade with experience. But, unfortunately, not everyone manages to overcome themselves. Some drivers, for the sake of their own peace of mind, are returning to travel by public transport.Fear
In order to eradicate fear of driving a car, you must understand the root cause of emotional stress. I'm afraid to drive due to internal fear, or I can’t drive, due to a lack of understanding of technical issues? What really scares you and how to overcome this fear?
Among the possible causes of internal fears are:
- Fear of not being able to correctly and quickly respond to an unusual situation on the road.
This kind fear of driving a car most often masters the female gender or beginners. The main reason for such experiences is a lack of understanding of the technical structure of the car. The driver must clearly understand that the control of the machine depends entirely on him. Intact equipment cannot perform involuntary maneuvers. In order to better understand the capabilities of your car, you need to accumulate driving experience in inactive territories. For these purposes, special training grounds are ideal.Riding
At the initial stage of driving, try to avoid traveling at the very beginning and end of the working day. There are much fewer cars on the roads during the day. Weekends also have a relaxing trip. Refrain from traveling in difficult weather conditions
- Fear of provoking or becoming participants in an accident. To harm a pedestrian, a driver, another's transport.
Any adequate person wants to avoid trouble. Fear of getting into an accident reinforces a sense of self-control. Excessive self-confidence reduces the driver’s attention. A trouble-free driving experience reassures the driver. He stops thinking about possible clashes. Feeling a certain advantage on the road, we stop letting pedestrians cross the road and keep a distance with respect to other cars.
The road always requires increased attention. You can distract yourself for a second on the phone, look at the pedestrian and immediately get into an accident. Follow the rules always and without exception. Only in this case you will believe in your own strength, and negative thoughts will fade into the background.
- Constant worries about the safety of your own car as a material value.
Concerns about a car as a material thing are most often visited by people with a small income. With a shortage of money, the owner of the car tries to avoid unforeseen repairs. To reduce such unrest, you need to soberly assess your capabilities before buying.Anxiety
Similar experiences also cover the operation of a company car. If the driver complies with the rules, does not exceed the speed, conducts scheduled maintenance of the machine in a timely manner, then the probability of breakdown or damage to the machine is minimized.
Unfortunately, a number of problems arise due to other road users. Therefore, it is very important to insure your car. You can’t save on this service.
- Fear for the life of the passengers of his car. In particular, relatives and friends.
Responsibility for the life of loved ones visits absolutely every driver. When you drive, you take on greater responsibility. If you do not eat by yourself, then you must ensure a comfortable and safe movement of passengers. For example, young children cannot sit next to the driver. A car seat is provided for infants. All passengers must be fastened. The car must have airbags.Fear
Observance of elementary conditions will allow you to feel much calmer. A novice driver must understand that he is not the first or last person to face the fear of driving. Feeling awkward about your emotions is absolutely inappropriate. Driving is associated with a risk to life, so in this case, human fear is fully justified. Fear of driving a car It is a kind of control of one’s own actions. An inexperienced driver who is not afraid, is likely too relaxed and inattentive while driving.
The feeling of fear should not turn into a panic fear. You need to work on yourself and learn to control emotions, not allowing them to take over the mind.
How to control your fear of driving a car?
Even if you managed to overcome yourcar driving fears Before starting the trip, during the ride a situation may arise that will make you worry. The decision on the road must be taken quickly and competently. Therefore, it is important to clearly understand how to react quickly and at the same time maintain self-control.
- Important for self-control is the ability to control your own breathing. If something has freaked you out and your heartbeats go off scale, try to calm down with the help of deep breaths. Measured breathing will help return the work of all organs to their usual state.
- When a pedestrian’s life is at stake or an emergency is created, it all depends on your decision. A pedestrian crossing a road must understand your intentions in order to adjust his actions. You either continue to move, or skip it forward. It is impossible to turn sharply into another row or onto the sidewalk, as this can provoke an accident or other unpleasant consequences.
- Having panicked, a person loses control over management. Do not close your eyes and throw the wheel. Every second counts and can save you from disaster. Therefore, we look forward and confidently follow the route.
- If you do not get enough sleep or are too tired after exercise, use public transport. Switch responsibility to another driver on that day. If you are angry or nervous, then you must calm down before starting to move. In a fit of anger, very often there is a desire to exceed speed, and this entails bad consequences.
Try a few simple exercises in a few minutes:
- Get in the car like in a comfortable home chair. Tilt your head back, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Make your head several turns in different directions. Knead your fingers, rotate the brushes in the joints.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and make a face. You can say out loud what you have in mind. Refresh a pleasant memory.
- Before starting the trip, remember what responsibility lies with you, as a driver. Take care of your life and do not harm others.
This technique will help calm down not only the driver, but also any person whose emotions beat over the edge.Important to overcome
Compliance with traffic rules, attention, moderate speed and experience will help to overcome any fear of driving a car. Soon you will be able to enjoy your own skills, and perhaps become a driver by profession.