We will discuss the drug Burana. Let's talk about the indications for use, the form of release of the drug and about identical analogues of the drug.
Instructions for use
The active substance of the drug "Burana" is ibuprofen. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
This tool is used as an antipyretic, anti-inflammatory agent and means to lower the temperature. Burana has an anti-inflammatory effect by blocking the inflammatory enzymes cyclooxyginase-1 and cyclooxykinase-2.
The analgesic effect is most pronounced with the manifestation of pain of inflammatory genesis. Like other anti-inflammatory drugs, Buran has a "thinning" effect on the blood (has antiaggregant properties).
Ibuprofen has the following release forms:
• Capsules (capsules with prolonged action)
• Drops for oral administration
• Suspension (in dosage for children and adults) for oral use
• Tablets with different tastes for resorption
Forms for external use in the form of an ointment with the name "Burana" do not exist, however, there are anti-inflammatory ointments with the main active substance Ibuprofen and is of the same name.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of this drug are almost all inflammatory diseases.
From the musculoskeletal system:
• Arthritis (rheumatoid, juvenile, psoriatic)
• Arthritis in CRS
• Exacerbation of osteochondrosis
• Amyatrophy of neurological origin
• Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis)
• Arthritis for gout
In the presence of an inflammatory pain syndrome:
• muscle pain
• Joint pain
• Pain with arthritis
• For oncological pathology
• For pain during inflammation of the joint bag (bursitis)
• For pain with tendinitis
• Pain in the postoperative period or in post-traumatic
"Burana" is also used for painful menstruation, inflammation of the appendages, and even during childbirth.
It is used as an anti-inflammatory drug during the period of febrile states during infectious processes in the body.
Burana for children
The main active ingredient in nurofen is ibuprofen.
The use of ibuprofen in children in tablet form is indicated from the age of 12 years and older.
Burana tablets (capsules)
For children, this drug is prescribed in the following cases:
• In inflammatory processes (acute respiratory viral infections and acute respiratory infections) with febrile syndrome, it is recommended to take a dose of 150 mg to 300 mg up to 3 times a day - this is the starting dose. Then the dosage is reduced to 100 mg 3 times a day. In this case, the daily dose of the drug should not exceed 1 g of substance
• Calculation of 30-40 mg in nets per 1 kg of body weight is performed for juvenile arthritis. Reception appoint several times
• As an antipyretic, when the temperature rises above 39.6 degrees Celsius, 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight is prescribed. If the body temperature is lower than indicated, then calculate the dose of 5 mg per 1 kg of body weight
In the form of a suspension of "Buran" is prescribed for children from the age of 6 months:
• From 6 months to 1 year in a dose of 50 mg to 4 times a day
• From 1 year to 3 years, 100 mg up to 3 times a day
• From 4 to 6 years, 150 mg to 3 times a day
• From 7 to 9 years, 200 mg yes 3 times a day
• From 10 to 12 years, 300 mg to 3 times a day
Prescribe the drug "Burana" inside after eating adults with various diseases in different dosages:
• Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (osteochondrosis, psoriatic arthritis, spondylitis) - 400-600 mg up to 4 doses per day
• With rheumatic joint damage 800 mg up to 3 times a day
• For painful menstruation 400 mg up to 4 times a day
• For traumatic lesions of soft tissues and sprains, up to 2.5 g per day
• For pain, the dose is up to 1.3 g per day
Buran has a number of contraindications for use:
• Allergic reactions to ibuprofen and the components of the drug
• As with all NSAIDs, gastrointestinal ulcer diseases
• The period of breastfeeding
• The so-called "aspirin" asthma
• The period of pregnancy
• Hemophilia, bleeding disorders
With extreme caution, the drug is prescribed for liver diseases (cirrhosis, portal hypertension 0 For inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, enteritis), for renal and hepatic insufficiency, and for arterial hypertension.
Burana or ibuprofen?
Burana is a foreign-made drug and is currently excluded from the sale of domestic countries. In our country, there is a drug that is called the main active substance "Ibuprofen". He found a wide range of applications, according to his testimony.
However, it is worth paying attention that, in comparison with the Burana preparation, the domestic Ibuproven is much more profitable in price. Ibuprofen is currently available in the form of an ointment and is often used for external use in inflammatory diseases of the skin and application to the area affected by the inflammatory process of joints.
- There may be nausea, vomiting, a sensation of heartburn, indigestion, increased gas formation
- Taking medication can trigger the development of peptic ulcer. It is also possible the presence of a sensation of dry mouth, bleeding gums, exacerbation of chronic hepatitis
- The respiratory system can respond to shortness of breath and bronchospasm
- Cardiovascular system - exacerbation of symptoms of heart failure, impaired heart rate, hypertension.
- A decrease in hearing acuity may be observed, since many NSAIDs have an ototactic effect.
There is also a chance of developing an anemic condition
Similar in action or having a similar active substance preparations bear the following names:
• No pain
• Ibuprom max
• Dolgit cream
• Brufen SR
Reviews of the drug "Burana", looking at many sources, we found the minimum number. However, given that its main active ingredient is ibuprofen, the following comments can be noted.
This drug is certainly effective. However, its disadvantage is a large number of side effects. They have serious consequences and the drug is quite toxic to the liver, kidneys, cardiovascular system and hearing organ.