If the child is sick, this may indicate serious problems not only with his stomach. In the article about the causes of nausea in children and how to eliminate this unpleasant symptom.
Nausea as a condition in a child can occur suddenly, for example, if it is sick in transport, and may be a symptom of a disease, that is, periodically manifest to one degree or another.
Signs of nausea in a child. How to determine that a child is sick?
Nausea is often accompanied by vomiting, although the painful state of "nudity" may not lead to vomiting. How to determine that a child is sick:
- he starts to worry
- the skin turns pale
- the hands and feet get cold
If this condition appeared when you were in transport, then, obviously, the child was sick. It is advisable to interrupt the trip and go out with him to fresh air, let the baby snatch, or just breathe.The child may feel sick if he is sickness in the car.
IMPORTANT: It is also good to give your child a little drink of water, or offer unsweetened candy, or a slice of apple or mandarin.
Perhaps the child was swinging for a long time, and he was let down by his vestibular apparatus.
Or, he overheated in the sun. Then your actions are to take the child into the shade, cool with compresses, give a plentiful drink and put to sleep.
If the child suddenly has nausea, first help him, calm him down, let him pry out, find a comfortable position for him. Begin to analyze the cause of nausea, which could provoke it. Maybe this:
- medicines that a child takes for various reasons
- food poisoning
- intestinal infection
- acute respiratory disease
You may not be able to find the cause of nausea in a child, excluding all the above reasons, especially if nausea is not accompanied by vomiting, loose stools, and fever.
IMPORTANT: Repeatedly occurring nausea in a child is a mandatory reason to consult a doctor.
Why does a child have nausea and drowsiness?
It happens that the child is sick and at the same time he is falling asleep. He stops playing and can lie down on the sofa.
If this is not food poisoning, and you should know if there was a malnutrition, then the possible causes of this condition may be:
- gastrointestinal diseases
- neurological diseases
- parasitic infestation (worms)
A mandatory examination by a doctor, analysis of feces on a worm egg, ultrasound, consultation of a pediatric neurologist is recommended.
Causes of nausea and severe weakness in a child
- Nausea, combined with severe weakness, sometimes with elevated body temperature, can be an indicator of acute intestinal or food poisoning. The body of the child is intoxicated, because of this, a breakdown occurs. It is necessary to induce vomiting in the child, cleanse the stomach and intestines from the source of toxins, give a plentiful drink, even if the baby refuses and is capricious
- With vomiting and loose stools, mineral substances are washed out of the body, and their restoration is necessary not only in order for the body to function normally, but also in order not to aggravate the baby's condition.
Another cause of nausea and severe weakness in a child is a viral infection.
- Currently, intestinal forms of influenza, rotovirus, etc., are common, one of the symptoms of which is nausea and vomiting. In any case, a plentiful mineralized drink is something that parents can help their child in the first place. Further, their task is to monitor the condition of the child, and in case of the slightest deterioration, immediately call a doctor or ambulance
Also, nausea and weakness can be the result of stress or nervous tension. If stress really took place, then peace, drinking, and sleep will help ease the condition of the child.
Video: Does the child often have nausea and weakness?
What does severe nausea in a child mean?
Severe nausea that occurs suddenly may be due to:
- viral infection
- an attack of a disease of the gastrointestinal tract (pancreatitis, biliary dyskinesia, etc.)
- acute appendicitis
- other diseases
Severe nausea that occurs from time to time on a child regularly indicates digestive problems, gastrointestinal diseases, which requires a mandatory visit to the doctor and regular treatment twice a year with courses, as prescribed.
High fever and nausea in a child
Nausea, accompanied by high temperature, indicates either poisoning the body, or a viral infection, or other diseases of a very serious nature (for example, meningitis).Nausea and fever are the effects of intoxication.
The combination of these symptoms means the need to seek medical help as soon as possible, establish a diagnosis and prescribe adequate treatment. This is especially true for infants.
The seriousness of the situation cannot be underestimated, since in young children all processes proceed rapidly. Even if the cause of this condition of the child is an infection, it is necessary to prevent its further spread throughout the body. It is also necessary for parents to remember the observance of the drinking regime during such a period.
Poisoning a child with food or other substances can, in addition to high fever and nausea, have the following clinical picture:
- At first, the child is nauseous, his condition and behavior change, he is capricious and irritable
- The temperature rises, it can reach 39 degrees
- There may be pain in the lower abdomen
- Vomiting begins
- Frequent loose stool with undigested food appears
IMPORTANT: With the help of vomiting and diarrhea, the body itself tries to get rid of toxins. However, drinking, which includes mineral salts, will be important here. For example, it is good to give your child a rehydron powder. Then give adsorbents and monitor the condition of the baby until the doctor arrives.
Abdominal pain and nausea in a child, causes
Abdominal pain and nausea in a child can mean:
- Inflammation in the digestive tract (enteritis, pancreatitis and more)
- Acute appendicitis
As a rule, doctors do not advise self-control of pain until the surgical diagnosis is excluded. Again, you can’t do without a doctor here.
IMPORTANT: Acute abdominal pain in the lower right or around the navel, nausea are signs of appendicitis. Only the doctor will determine the further course of treatment and possible surgical intervention
Why does a child feel nauseous in the morning?
Nausea in the morning in a child can mean problems with the stomach and digestion, as well as increased intracranial pressure and vegetative-vascular dystonia. Moreover, the child may still have a headache.
Why does a child feel nauseous in the evenings?
If we exclude other factors that could cause nausea in the child (sunstroke, stress, concussion, already diagnosed diseases), then in the evenings he may feel nauseous due to:
- Digestive disorders
- Endocrine disruption
- Neurological disorders
IMPORTANT: Repeated nausea in the evenings is an occasion to visit a pediatrician and, after his consultation, a pediatric gastroenterologist and other specialists.
What to give the child from nausea?If the child is sick, you need to give him more water.
- The first recommendation here is to drink. If the child is sick, then you need to drink it constantly
- If poisoning is suspected, artificial vomiting is best. Then the body will be slightly cleansed, the child will feel better. To do this, use a weak solution of potassium permanganate or baking soda
- If the child is overheated in the sun or received a heat stroke, then drinking is also included in the complex of rescue measures in addition to cooling compresses and rest
- Disposable nausea can be removed by offering the child a pickle, a slice of lemon, a slice of ginger under the tongue, green tea with lemon without sugar. Ordinary peppermint candy is also suitable.
- At night, you can give your child mint tea or lemon balm without sugar.